Background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mini French Dip Sandwiches

Mini French Dip Sandwiches...are so unbelievably easy!  In fact, they really don't even need a blog.  But still, I'd like to share this simplicity and goodness with you! :)

Let me  just be the first to say, these aren't healthy.  I got the recipe for this on Pinterest, which originally came from a blog called Mama Loves Food.  It just had the hubster's name written ALL over it.  So, if you're being health conscious, just watch your portions and you'll still be fine.

Also, just as a warning, I'm a total cheater.  Not only did I buy pre-sliced cheese and roast beef (although I selected the natural kind with no preservatives), I also didn't make my own Au Jus!  (gasp!)  I bought the starter mix where all you do is add water, stir, and wait for it to boil.  I believe it taste better for no other reason than it was much, much easier.  However, if you do not prefer to take any shortcuts, you can buy blocked cheese and get the deli to slice you up some fresh roast beef.  Also, Mama Loves Food has an "easy" recipe for Au Jus Gravy.

You'll need...

Ingredients:
2 pkgs Crescent Rolls (8 count)
Roast Beef (about 1 lb. or a little less)
1 pkg Provolone Cheese (or Swiss if you prefer)
Horseradish Sauce
Au Jus Gravy Mix

Directions:
(Preheat oven to 375 degrees)
1.  Unroll crescent rolls and separate into the cut triangles.
2.  Spread horseradish sauce to taste on triangles.
3.  Add roast beef and cheese, and then roll up the crescents.
4.  Bake 11-13 minutes.
5.  Au Jus Gravy: follow directions on back of pkg




I served our Mini French Dip Sandwiches with...

Yep, that's right.  Our side dish came out of a can.  It's the only way Brian will eat English peas!  They are seriously one of his favorite foods.  Needless to say, it was the easiest dinner in the world...AND he's already said he wants them again soon.  They really were awesome.  


(Told you he enjoyed them!)

Let me know if you decide to try!  :)
Until next time...
XXOO!

1 comment: