Background

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Blog a Day

WOW.  Has is really been than long since my last post?

So, rather than apologize for my lack of blogging during the past several months (because seriously, that could take all day), I'm just going to tell you what I'm going to do about it.  I know that today is Tuesday, but for the rest of this week, I promise to blog every day.  Seriously, every day.

See, the fact is...I have tons to say to you guys since it's been so long since my last update.  I think my problem has been that I've had SO MUCH to say...I just really haven't known where to start.

How about the holiday season?


NOVEMBER
We kicked off our holiday season with a trip to Athens for the UGA vs. Kentucky game.  It definitely wasn't he Dawgs' best game, but they still won!  It was somewhat of a "Thanksgiving" weekend with Brian's family, since his brother and sister-in-law live in Boston and wouldn't be home on the actual holiday.


From left to right that'd be Brian's Dad and Brother (Mr. Pat & Kevin), Brian, Me, and Kevin's sister -in-law Julia and wife Allison.



On the actual day of Thanksgiving, we were all set to be at Brian's grandmother's house for his family's gathering.  Unfortunately, due to health issues, his grandmother was in the hospital for Thanksgiving and the gathering was cancelled.  She wasn't out very long before she was put right back in, so please keep her in your prayers!


We love you, Nanow!


DECEMBER
December was a month of transition for Brian and me.  We moved out of our apartment (our least was up) to prepare to move wherever his job sent us.  The entire month of December, we lived with Brian's parents, all the while waiting on that phone call.  We were incredibly blessed...as my parents-in-law let us completely take over the second level of their home.  Our families have made the move very easy on us!  
My last day as a News Producer at WGXA-TV/NewsCentral (FOX 24 & ABC 16) in Macon officially ended December 9th.  It was bittersweet because I left a job in the field of my passion to further Brian's. I must say, it's been worth it 20 times over.  :)  That month marked the end for several members of the NewsCentral team besides myself, including two reporters Larry & Linnie.

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

Winding down my work days...

Linnie's (in the red, third from the left, back row) "Last Hoorah" at Fabrik!
All the NewsCentral girls

My "un-official" last day, Larry's actual last day! (right)  Black Friday took on a whole new meaning. :)
NewsCentral anchor Mario Ramirez, me, Meteorologist Tyler Southard, and Reporter Larry Spruill.


NewsCentral Reporter Johanna Torres and me on my actually last day. (Tear!)

A news team Christmas party!  (more to come on another Christmas party later!)
My fellow producer Amber Jones is to the left of me. :)

I have such fond memories of my co-workers.  I already miss them immensely!  One of them is visiting this weekend, and I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it.

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord."

Since we'd been at Brian's parents' home the whole month of December, we spent the week of Christmas at my parents' house to get some quality time with them as well.  Christmas was absolutely wonderful to say the least.  My mom's birthday is on Christmas Eve, so we had all sorts of celebrations going on. :) Christmas Eve is my favorite of all the holiday season.  Even at my age, it's still magical.  I'm getting teary-eyed now just thinking about it! :)
We attended the Christmas Eve service at our church, as is tradition.  This year I sang my absolute favorite Christmas song of all time at the service.  It was special to share the wonderful message that I hold dear to my heart with everyone else.  It may not be Christmas Eve anymore, but you should still check out "A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill if you haven't already. :)  Here are a few pictures from that night.


(Blake, my brother, on the right)

 The family at Mom's birthday dinner

About to open our present piles! :)

Christmas day was just as wonderful as Christmas Eve too!  We woke up early and ate brunch with Brian's parents.  Since his brother and sister-in-law were at home in Boston, we opened presents with them over iChat (similar to Skype for you non-Mac friends).




JANUARY
Happy New Year!

So, Brian and I have never been too big into the New Year's Eve festivities.  
In fact, he had to commute to Atlanta that day for his first day of work as an Interim Manager at the Lenox Square Mall Chick-fil-A.  (Proud wifey, yes, I am!  Just not getting ahead of myself.  Saving that for a whole other blog post!)  
We spent New Year's Eve packing and watching Dick Clark (bless his little heart), since we had to move on New Year's Day!  
I really can't think of a better way to spend the first day of 2012 than the adventure of moving our lives to Northeast Atlanta.  We are so happy here!  It's so close to home, but it's also a much different world than Macon.  We live in the city, not a suburb...so it's been lots of fun so far!  All one week and a half of it. ;)
  
Later this week, I'll have to be sure to update with pictures of our new apartment and Brian's store. :)

But for now...


(Please forgive me for quoting Oprah!)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment