Background

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kate's Letters


Dear Baby Kate

     We cannot wait for you to get here.  Seriously.  Your daddy and I still have things to do to get ready for you, but we are just so ready to meet you!  
     We looked up full moon dates last night hoping there'd be one around your due date.  No luck!  The one before your due date you'd be pretty early, and the one after your due date you'd be pretty late!  Let's hope there's not much truth to that whole full moon=labor thing. ;)
     You got the sweetest gifts at the most beautiful baby showers this past weekend.  I really need to get on it and post about it.  We are so close to having everything you need, and that puts your mama at ease.
    You are so incredibly strong.  Your daddy and I sit and stare as you make my belly do waves when you move.
     I also find myself wandering into your nursery just looking around and smiling.  I tend to get a bit weepy when I think that we are less than two months away from meeting you!
     I just want you to know that all the swelling in the world, all the pain and discomfort, the tossing and turning at night, the numb hands, the nausea, the fatigue...it pales in comparison to the excitement I feel when I think about meeting you.  You are so, so, so loved, baby girl.
Here you are a week ago...

2 comments:

  1. EeeeeeKkkkkkkk!!!!! Kinney is here and I still find myself sitting in her room looking around in disbelief :) So SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Baby Kate,
    You are one lucky little girl to have your Mama be Miss Deana. You will be raised to be strong, loyal, thoughtful and loving, it's a given. I cannot wait to see what you look like since I have been one of the lucky ones to watch your Mama's belly grow and watch her evolve into a Mom over the last nine months. Everyone is ready to meet you, hang in there until June though! Thanks!
    Love,
    Your West Coast groupie - Tori

    ReplyDelete