Background

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WIWW--"What I Wore Wednesday"

What I Wore Wednesday...
Heard of it?  Maybe, maybe not... but the idea is to motivate women to put a little bit of effort into getting dressed! :)  In other words...not staying in your sweats or grabbing the same ragged t-shirt out of your closet!  The oh-so-brilliant idea comes from a blogger named Lindsey of "The Pleated Poppy."  You can access her WIWW blog from the button below!

pleated poppy

This is my first attempt at WIWW, and I'm not at all satisfied with my outfits.  I also forgot to take pictures most days... haha.  But that's ok!  I'll try to do better.  My friends and experienced bloggers Lauren and Lori do an excellent job of keeping up with the outfits they wear and they always look precious!  Be sure to check them out. 

Saturday, September 17, 2011
Gooooo DAWGS!  
I actually only left the house for about an hour on Saturday (sad) so this is the best picture I got.  Forgive me for the lack of creativity!

UGA Shirt:  Kohl's (Sophee)
Jean crops:  American Eagle
Sunglasses:  Charming Charlie 
(which my brother felt the need to make fun of by saying, "Deana, have a pair of sunglasses or three!")
Shoes: (not pictured) Rainbow flip flops


Monday, September 19, 2011
I was lucky enough to have Monday off to spend with my sweet hubby Brian who'd just returned from a two-week business trip.

Tank top:  New York and Co. 
(on the right there's a flowy ruffle that's hard to see in the picture!)
Cuffed Jean Crops:  Charlotte Russe
Flip flops:  Rainbow
Watch:  Michael Kors
(I forgot to get a close-up picture.  Sorry!  I'll do better next time!)


Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Back to work on Tuesday!

Dress:  LOFT (clearance)
Black flats with bow:  Target
Necklace:  Dress Up boutique in Dahlonega, GA
(see Wednesday's outfit for close-up!)


Wednesday, September 21, 2011
PLEASE excuse the untouched hair and make-up!  Should have cropped that part out...I was running behind and that part of my "outfit" wasn't complete just yet.

Shirt:  Belk (sale)
Jeans:  Marshall's (7 for all mankind)
(Marshall's is the BEST place to by these jeans...however, not to be confused with "Seven" jeans.  They try to fool you!)
Red, Peep-toe Wedges: Target
Necklace:  Dress Up boutique in Dahlonega, GA
Knot Earrings:  Tiffany & Co.
(If I don't specifically picture my earrings, I'm probably wearing these!  They're special to me because they were a first wedding anniversary gift from the hubster!)

Ok...
So there were no revolutionary outfits to write home about...but it's a start!  Let me know what you think.  
Suggestions?  Ideas?  Comments?  Post, please!
Also, let me know if you decide to jump on the WIWW bandwagon! :)

6 comments:

  1. I Love It! You did a GOOD JOB! I especially love the last one! I have a shirt similar to that except it's like a vest instead of short sleeves! I also LOVE the earrings!! :) I Love These Blogs that you and Lauren do! I kinda want to do it! Oh and I died laughing at your brother's comment about your sunglasses! I get that all the time too! Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! This will be so fun to look back on later in life...or next week because fashion is always changing :) (I get the sunglasses comment from my bro too...what do they know?) Well good luck keeping up this is super fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, y'all! Kacey & Terren, you guys should both start doing WIWW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love wednesday's outfit! You are too cute! I'll start a WIWW or maybe an Awkward and Awesome Thursday blog. Soon...haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. i'm now officially following your blog, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mal! Or you could start BOTH blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete